Baby registry time! Both fun and overwhelming. Have you looked at baby stuff recently? There are like a bazillion baby products out there. Which makes it so hard to decide what you actually will need and will use and what you just want because it looks pretty or cool, and that stuff my friend will end up stuffed away in a closet to never be seen again.
This baby registry checklist was made to help you register for items that you will actually use all the time. I left the major items off the list like the crib, car seat, and stroller and kept the checklist to just the smaller items that you will need.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on one of the links I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. *
Baby Registry Guide
- Sleep Sacks. Blankets are not recommended to be used in the crib with babies under the age of one. So sleep sacks are the perfect alternative for keeping your baby warm at night. Halo sleep sacs have warmer sacs for the winter and thinner sacs for the summer months.
- Crib Sheets. Spare crib sheets are a must since shit happens — literally.
- Waterproof crib mattress cover. Two is a good number. I’m not a fan of laundry so I liked to have three covers.
- White noise machine. Probably not a necessity, however, with the white noise machine playing in the nursery I didn’t have to worry about noises waking Hudson up. Which also means I didn’t have to yell at the delivery man for making the dogs bark when Hudson was sleeping. So for us, the white noise machine was a necessity.
- Baby Monitor. A monitor with video is ideal. You can check in on your baby without having to go into the room.
- Pack and play. Dual purpose, used for sleep when travelling and used as a play area for your baby when they are a bit older.
A lot of people also bring a pack of diaper with them to your baby shower. If you have a specific brand you would like to use then add diapers to your registry.
If you are planning to cloth diaper check out this post on starting your cloth diaper stash.
- Change Pad.
- Change pad covers. Make sure you register for a least two change pad cover. And these little protectors are great to have so save you from having to change your cover every time there is an accident.
- Bottles. Whether you are planning to breastfeed or formula feed you will need bottles. You will want both 4 oz and 9 oz bottles. This starter pack if great to put on your registry.
- Bottle/nipple brush
- Bottle drying rack
- Burp cloths/receiving blankets. These things are great for everything. I used them when I was breastfeeding for when the boob Hudson wasn’t feeding on sprung a leak. They are also great for spit up. Pretty much any mess these are good for. I always travelled with at least three in my diaper bag.
- High Chair. This is a great compact highchair that doesn’t take up much space.
RELATED: Breastfeeding Supply List
For the most part you will not have to register for clothes since everyone loves buying outfits. But here are a few necessities that you will want to make sure you have.
- Onesies. Hudson lived in onesies and sleepers. They were so convenient for diaper changes and blowouts. Unless we were going somewhere special I didn’t put him in many outfits.
- Mittens. Used during the first few weeks so you baby doesn’t scratch themselves.
- Socks. I never seemed to have enough socks. I always lost them everywhere I went. So bringing spares with you is a good idea.
These were the bigger items that we used all the time. Toys like balls and blocks I didn’t bother to register for because again people just seem to buy this stuff for babies anyways.
- Infant tub with sling.
- Wash cloths
- Baby soap.
- Thermometer. I found this thermometer was super easy to use.
- Nail Clippers.
- Nasal Aspirator
- Gripe Water. I loooooved gripe water. It helped so much with tummy aches and fussiness.
- Baby brush/comb
- Blankets. For walks and outings.
- Carrier. Great to have for shopping. Or even at home to you can have both hands free while also keeping your babe close to you.
- Diaper bag.
- Water proof stroller cover.